Wednesday 22 September 2010

22092010

I lied. I didn't scan a picture of her. I didn't write a story about her. Yeah, Misto is such a wonderful creature, I don't know how to write or draw her. So, I wrote about Luke Sellers, one of my characters.

And well, the inspiration to Luke was ... while I had a jacket, which made me calling myself the British Officer. So, that made me think about British private, who... hated everything about war. And well, because I don't want to spoil anything, I'll just say that something during the war happened and made him... angry and frustrated and furious. Yeah.

But yeah, here is something about him.
---

Luke Sellers looked the sea. Actually, he was looking beyond it. He wanted to go on with his life now, when the war was over. But he couldn’t, because his wife was dead, and there was nothing more in his life. The only thing that was left from the time before war was his dog – German shepherd Bob.

Bob was also looking beyond the sea. He didn’t know anything about what happened to Luke’s fiancĂ© and the war. Luke was jealous to him – even if he was a dog. But Bob didn’t have to think so much about all the death and sorrow the war has gave to them and to the whole world.

“Should we leave from England, huh?” Luke said and bent over to scratch Bob. “Should we leave from here, while everything here is so awful? Or should we carry on?”

“I think the dog doesn’t answer you “, a voice said, and the voice belonged to a woman. She was looking at Luke and Bob. Luke smiled a little, so did the woman.

“No, it doesn’t “, Luke said. “And that’s a pity. I think Bob has an opinion about moving away.”

“He does?”

“No.”

“Yea, that’s what I thought “, woman said and smiled again. “My name is Carla.”

“I’m Luke “, Luke told. “So…”

“So “, Carla said. “You were a soldier?”

“Yeah, unluckily “, Luke said. “I hate the war.”

“So do I and almost everyone else “, Carla said. “Go and ask anyone, you can be 99 percents sure, that the answer is ‘yes, I hate the war’.”

“Yeah, I know “, Luke said.

“So, you are moving away from here?” Carla asked. “May I ask you why?”

“I’m afraid that you asked so already. But yeah, I think I could move away from here. I mean… I lost my wife in the war.”

“Oh “, Carla said. “Some other soldier killed her?”

“Yes, but that’s not all. It was British soldier, and she was from German and… I don’t know. It just happened “, Luke told and it looked like that even Bob was listening. “And I hated him more, than I hated the war. And after that I hated war more, than anything else, because… Well, it’s just complicated.”

“I know “, Carla said. “But… were could you move? I mean you are not going to the U.S.A?”

“Why? I shouldn’t go there or what?” Luke asked.

“Well, it’s just that… It’s far away. And would I ever have a chance to meet you again?” Carla asked. Luke smiled.

“Why, I thought I was depressing and… just a soldier, you know? Everything that goes in my head is the war “, he said.

“I could try to cheer you up. All you need is a friend “, Carla said.

“The war is a defeat, even if we won “, Luke said and got up. “And for me it was nothing more than a defeat. So, I don’t know about friends, the only one I trust now is myself, because… That soldier that killed my wife was my friend… until then.”

“Well, where is he now?” Carla asked.

“Dead, killed by German soldiers. It would be easier for me, if I killed him “, Luke said.

“Don’t say so “, Carla said. “Murder would be a burden to you, when you get older.”

“I feel old already “, Luke said and smiled. “But maybe you are right. I felt wrong to kill anyone. But I don’t know what to do, if the third world war starts. Could anyone stand it?”

“I don’t know. What could be the start of the third war?”

“I don’t know, but there are chances. U.S.A, U.S.S.R, Germany…”

“Yeah. Well, let’s not worry about it now, OK? Let’s… do something, so we are not thinking just the war. It might not be good for anybody.”

“It’s such a big thing, how can you just remove it from your mind?”

“I don’t know, maybe no one can. But still, it would be easier to think anything else, even for a minute or two.”

“I guess you’re right “, Luke said. “So, what should we do then?”

“Oh, anything!” Carla said and smiled. “Sky is the limit.”


----

So, after couple of years Carla and Luke got married and they lived happily until the end. Luckily there wasn't the third world war when they lived.

The story... was full of talking. Well, it could be worse, Luke could just think everything, but now there was Carla, who talked too.

... Weird.

-Misto.

No comments:

Post a Comment